Compliance, Regulatory and Contract Paralegal
Location: Irvine, CA
• Assists the Chief Medical Officer and Privacy Officer with the development of compliance and privacy program effectiveness reports for the Board Committee for each hospital.
• Assists with the administration and organization of the compliance program, including maintenance of compliance program records.
• Contributes to the achievement of Quality and Compliance goals and objectives and adheres to departmental policies, procedures, and standards; complies with organizational policies and procedures, governmental laws and regulations and accreditation standards.
• Maintains policies and procedures related to the compliance and privacy program; drafts and executes program procedures, processes, and workflows.
• Manages comprehensive departmental documentation preparedness for demonstrating continuous regulatory compliance effectiveness; conducts assessments and gap analyses of compliance activities to support effectiveness indicators promulgated by government agencies; exercises independent judgment.
• Knowledge and general understanding of federal and state compliance program requirements, particularly in relation to healthcare and privacy.
• Drafting, evaluating, and finalizing new business opportunities, client contracts within established standards.
• Serving as the point of contact for internal customers on contractual matters, providing redlined recommendations, and negotiating directly with our external customers in partnership with business.
• Administer and maintaining customer contract lifecycle.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree and paralegal certification required.
• 3 years experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating services contracts.
• 3 years experience working in a contract, document, or matter management system.
• 3 years experience in Legal operations.
• Knowledge of Knox-Keene Act preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in navigating the healthcare and healthcare payor systems.
• Advanced experience in contract data analysis and reporting.
• Advance experience collaborating to resolve complex problems.
• Must be able to communicate with a variety of leaders and stakeholders .
• Ability to coordinate and file reports and filings in a timely manner to regulatory agencies (Department of Health Care Services and the Department of Managed Health Care).
• Develop and support implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with federal and state laws.
• Ability to work with Compliance & Regulatory Affairs Department liaisons to state agencies.
• Strong working knowledge of State program regulations, healthcare compliance, and HIPAA required.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
• Strong analytical skills, simplifying complex concepts and issues.
• Ability to explain operating standards and procedures, contract language, and terminology.
• Collaborative and creative team player.
• Able to handle multiple deadlines independently.